Sunday, November 12, 2006

Technical Forum

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, ______ would be it. I've tentatively accepted a spot to speak on a technical subject at a forum of consultants, but I haven't yet chosen the topic. It's my first foray into the world of presentations; I don't expect it to go swimmingly but if I can judge the level of my audience and give them something useful then my job will have been done. Actually, I will judge it a success if the audience can go away and apply some practise they learned from me (or were inspired to learn by the topic).

To meet this goal, the focus needs to be on both the content and its delivery. I hope I can do it!

2 comments:

Jono said...

AJAX?
DataSet vs. XML Serializable objects?
Exception handling?
Logging?
Queueing?
Messaging?

Something they might come across in an investment banking environment...

Jono said...

it should probably be something that will ultimately make their life easier: either a cool tool/feature that aids productivity or is just easier to sell to clients.